13 June 2019
< Back to the news
Dan The Skipping Man
The whole school were treated to a Skipping Workshop on Wednesday 12th June. After the class workshops, the children then showed everyone their new found skills.
The government want all children leading an active lifestyle. The Dan the Skipping Man® concept helps create just that in an ongoing, sustainable way for our school, through the simple but varied activity of skipping.
The Dan the Skipping Man® concept aims to:
- Develop Mental (brain) and physical (cardiovascular) fitness
- Get un-sporty kids active
- Use skipping tricks which develop focus, concentration and speed of thought.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Ensures staff are involved/trained to continue the concepts